Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Slight Update 5/18: Changing Weather

Just a brief note: the weather forecast keeps changing, and it now looks possible that we'll have several hours of light south or southeast winds during the night Wednesday night.  If that happens, Thursday morning, May 19, could turn out differently from what I had predicted earlier; we might see substantial turnover and the arrival of a fair number of birds.  I still don't expect it to be huge, but there are a lot of birds dammed up to the south of us so I could be surprised.  I'm going to be away from the computer for the rest of the day and won't have a chance to update before tomorrow morning, but if you're debating whether to come out, you might check the weather during the night or first thing in the morning.


Anonymous said...

How does this Saturday look? I plan on going up there.

John Habig

Janet Hug said...

Keeping an eye on your posts to time another exciting birding trip to Magee. Monday is my target date. Thanks for providing this info on the day to day happenings on the marsh.

Janet Hug
Commerce Twp, MI

Nature Blog Network